Orders over £50.00 – Free Delivery
We dispatch orders Monday-Friday.
Standard Delivery - £3.95
- Delivered by Royal Mail 48 or DPD Local within 3-4 working days. Please allow for weekends and look out for your shipment confirmation.
- Any delay to your order will be communicated by email, should this occur.
Premium Delivery - £4.95
- Delivered by Royal Mail Tracked 24 Service or DPD Local within 2-3 working days. Please allow for weekends and look out for your shipment confirmation.
Next Day Delivery (Monday-Friday) - £7.50
- Delivered by DPD Local, order by 1pm (not including the weekend).
- Orders placed after 1pm on a Thursday will be not be delivered until the following Monday. If needed by the weekend and the order is placed after 2pm, you will need to opt for the Saturday delivery option.
- A 1 hour delivery scheduled time is provided by email/mobile on the day of delivery.
Saturday Delivery - £15.00
- Courier delivery, order by 1pm Friday
- You are able to place an order throughout the week up until Friday 1pm for this delivery.
- Tracking will be provided by email / mobile on the day of delivery.
We deliver 6 days a week to most of the UK and can offer a Next day and/or Saturday service to mainland UK. (Except Northern Ireland, Jersey Island, Isle of Man and Scotland).
Gift Wrapping Premium Service - £7.50
Choose our Premium Gift Wrapping Service when you want to send your order as a gift. We will wrap your present in sesonal gift wrap and include a message of your choice. Please email through message to: email@example.com . We will send your present with Royal Mail Tracked 24 service.
We do not currently export orders - ship to Europe due to Brexit. We are in the process of reviewing the shipping and export of goods to Europe after Brexit. We ship to the US & Canada. We are currently reviewing shipments to the Rest Of The World due to increased surcharges. If you don’t see your country as a shipping option pleasipt toe contact us directly firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we are able to offer to ship an order to you. We have a minimum order spend of £30.00 on ‘tailored’ shipments. International shipments may incur tax or additional charges.
The Danes do not accept any liability for any additional costs outside the shipping charged at point of sale.
* Local collections *
We offer a local collection from our warehouse in Forest Row RH18 5HT, select ‘Local Collection’ at the checkout and you will not be charged postage. Collection is available Monday to Friday only. We will notify you by email once the order is ready to collect.
* You will receive an email from us once your order has been packed and dispatched with further information in regard to which service used incl tracking information if applicable. Both DPD and Royal Mail Tracked service will communicate directly with you in regards to delivery date and timing.
Should you wish to make any changes to this, please communicate directly with either. Unfortunately once the order has left us, we are not able to make changes to this on your behalf.
* Please check and ensure your have communicated the correct address as we are also unable to make any changes to this once the order has been processed and dispatched. Any address error resulting in the order being returned to us and needing to be resent will incur an additional postage charge of £5.00. We are really sorry for this, but as an independent retailer, we sadly don’t get the discounts that the Amazons of this world do.
This also applies to non-collected from the post office/DPD Local depot which then make their way back to us.
* Orders placed online usually leave The Danes the next working day (this is usually within 24 hours of order being placed, except during our busiest months of November and December. During these two mad months, we cannot guarantee dispatch time for standard delivery, but we can guarantee that we will do everything to get your order out to you, as fast as the postman runs.
We are working hard on implementing that our packaging is biodegradable, recyclable or compostable and we are 100% committed to doing so.
- All our cardboard boxes are FSC certified and recyclable.
- We try to re-use cardboard boxes received from suppliers for dispatch of orders.
- We wrap our products in either biodegradable plant based clear bags, tissue paper made from recycled paper, Kraft paper or brown Kraft corrugated or bubble paper. We use paper tape and have gone paper free (see below).
- We have gone paper free and do not include any paperwork with your order. All communication is via email. Please contact us if you need to return a damaged or faulty item for a return label (which does need to be printed by you – sorry, we are working hard on providing alternative options).
We would love if you would help us on our journey - Please Reuse & Recycle our packaging where possible. Thank you!
Please visit our Return & Exchange page for more information.